Wow. Thank you so much for your blog(s). As someone who is also completing a postdoc (another Canadian girl postdoc in America) in academia and desperately soul-searching to find out whether I really have it in me to continue in this craziness called academia (or segue smoothly into an industry position), I found your blogs tremendously illuminating. Just reading your post on this blog about the characteristics of industry vs. academia made me realize that I too may be better suited to industry ... It's so hard to do this (esp with little time until the end of my disappointingly miserable post-doc).
(Sorry didn't mean to rant, but meant to thank you: Thanks.) Cheers, Dulcinea
Wow. Thank you so much for your blog(s). As someone who is also completing a postdoc (another Canadian girl postdoc in America) in academia and desperately soul-searching to find out whether I really have it in me to continue in this craziness called academia (or segue smoothly into an industry position), I found your blogs tremendously illuminating. Just reading your post on this blog about the characteristics of industry vs. academia made me realize that I too may be better suited to industry ... It's so hard to do this (esp with little time until the end of my disappointingly miserable post-doc).
ReplyDelete(Sorry didn't mean to rant, but meant to thank you: Thanks.)
Cheers,
Dulcinea
Thanks Duclinea. Have yet to find time. Maybe this week.
ReplyDelete